Thursday, February 19, 2009

Intense mental health day

I had back to back appointments with my psychologist and psychiatrist today. They're in the same building and the appointments fell on the same day so we ran with it. I spent 90 minutes talking about my frustration with my neurologist and how he's handling my possible thyroid problem. The psychologist gave me a pep talk and some steps to regain control of the situation and the psychiatrist is going to call the neurologist and try to get to the bottom of things. Yea! Some background information: my neurologist tested my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) in December and it was high (5.26) so he re-tested in January and it was still high (4.92). He then sent me back for more tests: TSH again, T3, T4 and thyroid antibodies. Is he an endocrinologist or does he just play one on TV?

No comments: