Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Obsessing about the kitchen again...

I've been looking for the perfect clock for our kitchen for months. I gave up and ordered a clock off the Internet a couple of weeks ago. It was cute but large. Roman numerals which was good but large. Today I received an email letting me know that the manufacturer is no longer producing the cute but large clock and my order has been canceled. Oh no! After all the searching and then settling for something and now I can't even have that.

I don't know what to do. It's not that big of a deal but I've given it so much importance. We went to an antique store in Potrero Hill to look at vintage clocks but they were really expensive and needed to be plugged in. We tried the Alameda Flea Market and found other cool stuff but no clock. When the search began, I tried to find something right for the time period of our building (1908) but just found lots of mantle clocks and funky things with pendulums. Then I tried thinking about a time when the kitchen had been remodeled in the past. Perhaps when the first "modern" set-up was installed in the kitchen but that didn't really work either. Our stove is a 1951 O'Keefe and Merritt so that adds the possibility of something mid-century but that's so trendy and a look I'm actually trying to avoid. A sunburst clock just isn't going to cut it.
Back to the drawing board. Here's a contender:

Atomic Clock & Thermometer - Smith & Hawken



No comments: